German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - extremely picky eater..need advice!
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
kaylaramore89

Default extremely picky eater..need advice!

I have a 1 1/2yr old female GSD, who has been and is continuing to be an extremely picky eater. She was the runt of the litter, and we were told she would never get very big. She only weighs approx. 40lbs right now and I am trying to add some weight on her with the winter months here. I started her off with Purina Puppy Chow and gradually moved her into Purina Dog Chow. She will eat new dog food for about three days, then seems to get bored with it. I have went from purina, kibble & bits, iams, pedigree, diamond, beneful and just recently blue buffalo and currently Solid Gold Wolf King. I have tried getting wet food and mixing it, and it only lasts a few days. I have noticed if I give her raw meat she will eat that or if I give her an egg over her food she will try and lick the food dry without actually eating it. I am concerned for her and just want her to be at a healthy weight. any suggestions or advice is appreciated!
kaylaramore89 is offline   Reply With Quote