German Shepherds Forum banner

Whats going on????

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  llombardo 
#1 ·
What’s going on?!?!?! We were doing so good and now it’s like she’s not potty trained at all? This literally started 2 days ago, she started peeing in her crate at night. We take her out before bed and make sure she doesn’t drink too much. That’s not that bad though, I know it’s going to happen sometimes but today my wife was cleaning the kitchen and was sweeping under the table and found 3 sticky piles. (pee) She’s the only one small enough to fit under the table so we know for sure that it’s her. Anyways, she’s 4 ½ months old and was doing so good, sitting at the back door to tell us that she needs to go outside and the only time she would have an accident is when we wouldn’t see her there but she would pee at the door. We never punished her for that because it wasn’t her fault, we don’t say anything, and we just let her outside while we clean it up and watch her go outside and then praise her. So I don’t know why all of a sudden she started peeing under the table. I did notice last night when I got home, I let her out and she went pee and after she walked around in her pee stance for a while like she was still trying to go. Well about an hour after I went to bed I’m woken up by her crying and she peed in her crate, so I let her outside and she did the same pee stance walk. Is this a sign of a bladder infection? I need help on what to do if it’s not health related.

#5 ·
We just treated ours for a UTI. I recommend you try to catch some urine in a bowl or a small Tupperware dish to take to the vet tomorrow. They diagnosed ours in 24 hours. 6 days on the pills and no accidents. Greta is 4 months old.
Thats going to be fun haha ill try to get some for the vet. I feel really bad because she has to be in her crate or outside for now because she dribbles everywhere. :( I cant wait to get her all fixed up and back to her crazy wild self. :)

#13 ·
#10 ·
LOVE that song...going to put it on after my dogs walk!

#12 ·
The easiest way to get a urine sample from a female is take a soup ladle with the long handle. Since the handle is long enough to just bend down, you are not having to grab the puppy or dog and hold them in place. By the time they squat to pee, you have the ladle under their little bodies and they don't even realize you are standing there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.