German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - When is it time to let my 13 year old beauty go?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
JakodaCD OA

I can't tell you what to do, this is really a hard decision and personal choice as to when to let go.

I CAN tell you what I would do..having had a few seniors (I have a 14 year old deaf aussie right now), There are many changes sometimes overnite, when our dogs get elderly. For ME, I don't mind that my aussie sleeps alot, when she's up, she is still moving on all fours, tho sometimes needs a little help getting up, she is still eating really good, she doesn't have accidents in the house, she's happy, she is just a little spaced out at times..She is still having a good quality of life I don't want to let her go, and right now, she isn't ready to go. Thank goodness I have taught all my dogs hand signals, comes in really handy right now with her being deaf

They say, 'you' will know when it's time, and I do believe this, with all my past senior dogs, I just "knew"..

It's tough seeing them age, and I make every day count. It doesn't sound like yours is ready yet

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote