German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - When is it time to let my 13 year old beauty go?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
mcmanusf

Default When is it time to let my 13 year old beauty go?

My beautiful girl, who is absolutely full of personality , who makes friends with everyone and everything she meets, has slowed down a lot over the last year. In the last few weeks she has really really slowed down. In the last week she appears to have suddenly become deaf. She can't hear us calling her she looks around for the voice. Her eyesight has faded a lot. She has had a funny hip for a year or so so she hasn't done much walking. Now all she does is sleep. She is still eating though. She will be 13 on Christmas Day. Should I just be keeping a close eye on her or should I be making appointments with the vet for allowing it all to end? I don't think she is in pain, she groans a bit sitting, lying down sometimes like any old lady. I don't want to lose her but don't want to just keep her alive. Even as I write this and read back over item probably just over reacting. It's just that the change in her has been so dramatics in the last week.

Any insights would be much appreciated.

Fiona

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
mcmanusf is offline   Reply With Quote