German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Midnites first visit st the nursing home....(moved to stories)
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
llombardo
Crowned Member

Thumbs up Midnites first visit st the nursing home....(moved to stories)

Was just amazing. He did all the right things at the right times. He sat when anyone approached him. He gave kisses and put lots of people at ease. One person renamed him King. Another person approached that was terrified of dogs, I told him to sit down in the chair and Midnite approached him, sat down in front of him and leaned into him. The guy was thrilled. I did have treats and gave that guy one, told him to open his hand and Midnite took it. The guy says that he has never in his life done that before and couldn't stop smiling. Midnite did not approach any people in walkers, he waited politely for them to sit down. Everyone he sat by he made a point to have his back to them and he sat as close to them as possible. One guy fully examined him from ear to tail and Midnite gave him a kiss. No signs of stress at all. When I was having a conversation with some of them, he made himself completely at home and laid down. He made all the right choices on his own. I only stayed an hour but we will be going back. The residents and staff could not believe how well behaved and calm he was.. Oh yeah I put this in general because today I also picked up my first foster. His name is Batman and he is husky and greyhound. He has blue eyes and runs like a gazelle. He fits in nicely with the rest of the dogs too. I attached a picture, not a good picture but hey it's a picture.

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...1&d=1386459104
Attached Thumbnails
Midnites first visit st the nursing home....(moved to stories)-image.jpg  
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC
Brennan- Golden Retriever

"A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you
more than he loves himself."
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote