German Shepherds Forum banner

GSD Puppy coat question

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  KellyAbrego 
#1 ·
I've had my GSD puppy Sadie for 5 weeks now. When I first got her she was healthy and looking great. But here for the past few days her coat (she still has her fuzzy softness) doesn't seem to be as black as it was when I first got her and the fur on her hind legs is really thick and starting to turn really light.

I feed her Pedigree Complete Nutrition (Large Breed) and gave her a bath the other day when it was almost 90 out (it's 30 now!)

I'm hoping it's just b/c it's starting to get really cold her and maybe it's her winter coat?? I'm out in Odessa, TX. This is my first GSD puppy so bear with me.

The pic on the right is when I first got her. The one on the left was taken Dec. 5th

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I can definitely see the color changes. Sadie is about 3 months almost and she's like a lighter tan and black but I can see the similarities in coloring as a puppy, but Sadie's still so fuzzy! Maybe a good reference to how her color will be when she's older :)

Thanks for the comments everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.