German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Just started my 11 week male GSD on Raw diet
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Momto2GSDs
Elite Member

My personal opinion is that any human grade raw meat is much better than kibble, whether organic or not. Sharing our own experiences and opinions is what makes a forum like this great!

Food for thought, as my first GSD experienced many of these side effects from vaccinations and she suffered for her lifetime.

Dr. Michael Dym, DVM: Adverse reactions from vaccination may mimic symptoms of the very disease the vaccine was meant to prevent. Reactions may occur immediately or months or even years later. What I have seen in my many years of private practice is that distemper and other vaccines administered to prevent acute illness can contribute to symptoms seen in chronic disease and pathologies. Some symptoms often seen in chronic canine illness include chronic runny eyes and conjunctivitis (tear stains in dogs, dry eye, chronic eye allergies); chronic vomiting, diarrhea, appetite issues; emaciation; pancreatitis, inflammatory bowel disease, GI lymphoma; chronic spasms and seizures (epilepsy, brain tumors); skin eruptions and swelling of feet and red feet pads; itching from lifelong skin allergies; and eruptions around the mouth (seen in lip fold dermatitis). Vaccine-induced disease, called “vaccinosis,” is understood as the disturbance of the life force or chi of the patient that may result in mental, emotional and physical changes. These are induced by laboratory modification of a virus or bacterium to make a vaccine. Then, instead of seeing acute expressions of disease, we are seeing symptoms of chronic illness over years or even a lifetime. Chronic Illness May Develop After Your Dog's Vaccination | Truth4Dogs

Canine Vaccination Protocol By Dr. Jean Dodds DVM (Vaccination Researcher)

9 - 10 Weeks Old: Distemper + Parvovirus, MLV (e.g. Intervet Progard Puppy DPV, now renamed Nobivac DPV, when Merck and Intervet merged)

14 Weeks Old: Same as above

16 - 18 Weeks Old (optional): Same as above (optional)

20 weeks or older, if allowable by law: Rabies

1 Year Old: Distemper + Parvovirus,MLV (optional = titer)

1+ Years Old: Rabies, killed 3-year product (give 3-4 weeks apart from distemper/parvovirus booster )

Dr. Ronald Schultz, a veterinary immunologist at the forefront of vaccine research and chair of the University of Wisconsin’s Department of Pathobiological Sciences, outlines the DOI for the following vaccines: Minimum Duration of Immunity for Canine Vaccines:

Distemper- 7 years by challenge/15 years by serology
Parvovirus – 7 years by challenge/ 7 years by serology
Adenovirus – 7 years by challenge/ 9 years by serology
Canine rabies – 3 years by challenge/ 7 years by serology

Moms
Momto2GSDs is offline   Reply With Quote