German Shepherds Forum banner

Doggie Boots

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  shepherdmom 
#1 ·
Fiona has had 3 vet visits related to her paws in the last year. The vet said to get her boots. Only problem is all the boots I find are for tiny dogs and are not intended for a working dog who walks alot. Any suggestions?

#5 ·
I bought Mukluks for Taz from drsfoster&smith.com a long time ago. He had itchy foot problems as well. They helped a little I guess. Prepare yourself for the funniest thing you ever seen in your life, when your dog first wears them. "believe me"

#8 ·
Fiona little Miss tender foot

She stabbed her left front paw playing in the grass with her sister, when she came down on a stick. That was this summer. A few weeks ago, again playing with her sister in grass, she came down on the sprinkler head and this stabbed her right front paw. I also hurt her paw pads when I took her on a bike ride. We went a whole block, but it was asphalt with lots of tiny rocks.

I have been putting Musher's wax on her feet. But she is still so tender footed. And not in that she complains. They only way I know she is hurt is I see blood. She doesn't limp or whine.

Thanks for the link. I think that I am going to get some of those. Last January we went to DC, and she came back a little ill from licking the salt off her feet. I did clean her feet, but I did not Fiona clean them.

#9 ·
Take a look at www.ultrapaws.com. They have several models and come in a range of sizes. I used the durable style for a senior who needed traction on slick floors and for his comfort in the winter. They did not come off through extended use in very deep snow--put them on the young rowdy shepherd to see if she would lose them and they proved to be able to stand the abuse.

Hope you find something that works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.