German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - For the first time since Dax came home...
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
DaniFani
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KZoppa View Post
Dani, I'm a regular customer there. I see this woman all the time. The dirty look was not normal.

Like I said, I have been known to tick a few people off before.

If you knew ANYTHING about me, you'd know I don't view my dogs as "big bad dogs". Yes, I have them for a reason besides the fact I love them. They're not a status symbol for me. And while I'm at it, she's seen Shasta before. Never reacted that way to her and she's got a good 20lbs on Dax currently.

People like me. You don't know me. I'm not as much of a jerk as you seem to think I am. It's a joke. This prejudice is something we deal with having the breed we have. If we don't joke about it, we'll spend an awful lot of time ticked off about other peoples ignorance.

Admittedly, I like animals more than most people but I'm not going to intentionally scare someone. Now if they're acting like a freaking idiot about it, I'm sorry but I have no sympathy. When MY dog(s) are sitting calmly and quietly in MY vehicle not acting like fools like I've seen a lot do, THAT should be a clue to people that maybe the dog is under control.

Dare I even tell you about the woman in Petsmart who started screaming like a bloody banshee simply because Shasta and I walked in? Or how about the fact she practically climbed onto a total strangers shoulders still screaming even though we were on the other side of the store? NO sympathy for people who act like fools about things like that. I understand fear but to behave that ridiculously over us simply coming into the store was beyond overkill.
You're telling me that your initial OP was one of complete humble attitude? You have no idea why she gave the look she did, you selfishly decided it had everything to do with YOU. SO what people are scared, they have every right to be...there are LOTS of out of control dogs in this country, and most people have stories of being bitten as a child...There is a reason most insurances won't cover you if you have our breed and most housing won't allow our breed....I guess I'm just one that tries to look deeper than the initial reaction and give people the benefit of the doubt. You can tell me all you want that you aren't the type that enjoys this type of reactions...but your entire OP and the comment about going back and "Earning" the look, right down to your signature about liking dogs more than people...well...it contradicts your entire "humble persona" that you just described...whatever...to each their own I guess.
"An excess of size is an unserviceable feature for breeding, his powers of endurance, his speed and the smartness of his movements suffer in all circumstances. Giants are never nimble."-Creator of GSD
DaniFani is offline   Reply With Quote