German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Barking Issues
Thread: Barking Issues
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Liz&Anna

Hey, so my Anna is EXACTLY the same, very very Barky, and when I first got her at 9 weeks she whined constantly for I'd say 2 weeks straight, that bark is not aggressive it actually rarely is, that bark is a shepherd telling people he is there and he knows they are there I've been to about 4 different trainers, actually most of my friends are trainers and allot of them have German shepherds, for the first few weeks I was so scared that Anna was aggressive and that there must be something wrong or that she was fearful, or nerves like the other person suggested BUT the trainers I met with are schutzhund trainers and the one I actually chose to work with is a k9 police trainer, they all said the same thing, she was confident and just communicating. So I'm not longer scared she's still young for what I'm going to do but- you need a good trainer and a remote collar (I like the vibrating ones, either way I can promise they aren't mean) teach your pup he is allowed to bark unless you ask him to stop, you don't want a bark collar, that will stop ALL BARKING, someone breaks in- guess who isn't barking?? Because you trained him not to! He just needs to learn when you ask him to stop, that it means to stop.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Liz&Anna is offline   Reply With Quote