German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Help, Please: Need Immediate Feedback on Breeder
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sp00ks
Master Member

Well, I have to say for a breeder so well received here that I would be very disappointed. I think you held out longer than I would have.

I had the same thoughts with my current breeder. I didn't want to be a nuisance etc. We put the deposit down prior to the pups being born when we visited the facility. She has given regular updates but not as many as I would like of course. Pups were born November 7th and we have had about 15 separate email exchanges. Everything from pup updates to food discussions. All were initiated by me aside from the birth announcement. She has never once gave me the feeling like I am bothering her and has always responded in a timely manner except once it took a couple days. I even asked her how she tests temperament and she told us exactly how she was choosing our pup and nailed it.

Talk to the breeder, find out what's left in the litter. I wouldn't go complaining a lot, it won't do you any good but I would let her know how you feel in short. If they have a dog your interested in, let it go since they have a good reputation here. If not, then proceed accordingly.
Sp00ks is offline   Reply With Quote