German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Help, Please: Need Immediate Feedback on Breeder
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Vagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD07 View Post
Do talk with your breeder and ask the questions you have but please don't focus on other people, focus on your puppy and your needs. Remember, the dog you get is way more important than close relationship with his breeder so do focus on the dog.
I agree about not immediately skipping out on the puppy if the breeder simply slipped up with communication, but at the same time I must admit that I enjoy having a good relationship with my breeder. She called me up the day after I got him to ask about his first night, helped me through concerns I had about his appetite etc. I still email her regularly with updates on his adventures, training achievements and just general stories sharing how happy I am with him. All of this is obviously not essential, but when you're new to puppy owning and you feel like you're in over your head it's really great to have the breeder behind you. Someone who has seen it all and done it all - nothing is a big deal and everything has a solution.
Vagus is offline   Reply With Quote