German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Help! My 4 month old puppy
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
GermanShepParents

Default Help! My 4 month old puppy

My 4 month old puppy has a few red bumps on her belly and redness around her private parts. She is also chewing at her arms and legs. I took her the vet yesterday to receive he rabies shot and included is a check up. I have had her checked 3 times for fleas, and the vets said there are none, however they gave her "revolution" which I believe is to treat for fleas. I asked about the red bumps and was told its common for puppy's to get rashes etc. It didn't answer my question though. I am going to take her to another vet, But I wanted to know if anybody has experienced this and what may be the cause. I have had her on perfomatin puppy chicken hard food for a couple of months now, and shes been fine. My dogs grandparents bought her "wellness" treats which seemed to be okay. However, my sister in law bought 2 different kinds of treats, and If I am correct, it wasn't until she started eating those did she get these bumps. She threw them away, and the puppy hasn't had any for 4 days now. There is no corn or soy in these products. She has also been going to a park, where other dogs are around. I am unsure if maybe my puppy has a food allergy or if it is something outside. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time.
GermanShepParents is offline   Reply With Quote