German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Leaving dogs in car while you shop
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
kbella999
Master Member

Default Leaving dogs in car while you shop

I always try to take my dogs with me when I go places instead of leaving them at home in a crate (weather permitting of course). I've never had a problem until now. I took my dogs for a walk in the park and then stopped into a store and was in the store for about 10 minutes and came back out. I parked at the far end of the parking lot where there weren't many cars around. When I came out I saw a small child trying to reach my dog through the window. Luckily it was to high. I yelled "no" and the kid went back to his car. Then the kid brought out his dog and was trying to hold it up to the window to see my dogs. I started running and yelling at this point. My dogs were so well behaved. They didn't even bark at the kid. I couldn't believe it when I got to my car because the mom was sitting right there and then the dad got out of the car. I told the children not to do that because they could get bit. The mom said "sorry". I can't write down the words I thought in my head because they are not nice. Has anyone else experienced anything like this. I would think people would not approach a SUV with 2 GSD's in it.
kbella999 is offline   Reply With Quote