We had a dog many years ago that got into rat poison. It is not something you want to mess around with. IF your pup ingested/digested some of it the longer you wait to take him to the vet the more damage it will cause.
If I were you I would go to an Emergency vet and beg and borrow and plead, go to a pawn shop and get a loan, what ever it takes to get the money.
While I don't like rats at all the poison is not a kind death
for rats (or dogs) who have ingested it....just FYI.
(also, not to be unkind, just realistic but please as soon as you can save up money for emergencies like this...)
ETA if you have petsmart near you they usually have a Banfield vet that is open on Sundays.
Originally Posted by tamaramarrero
I don't know when I called poison control they wanted to charge me 65$ I called several vets and they're all closed. Do you guys think I should just monitor him and if anything take him tomorrow? I liked in Michigan now in a very small town hence why all the vets are closed.
Sent from Petguide.com Free App