Considering making the switch but...
So, I'm considering making the switch to raw for our boy. He is 6 months old, will be 7 months old in about a week. In June, we found these scaly, dry patches on his groin, armpits, etc. Took him to the vet and they said to use an antibacterial/antifungal shampoo and give him benadryl. (It looked like folliculitis from what I could find online) So we did that and it pretty much cleared up... but today I gave him a bath and when drying him, I noticed in his groin he has almost black skin. It didn't used to look like though.
So what I'm starting to think is that he is having food allergies or allergies of some sort and maybe making the switch to raw would help him..
Anyway, my biggest concern honestly.. is that after eating his raw food he will be licking us, things in the house, etc. Does everyone brush their teeth religiously after feeding them? And what about their muzzle, you would have to wipe it down with something to "decontaminate" How do you all go about doing this? Do you use a little bit of shampoo on a washcloth and just wipe the muzzle area after each meal? I'm a nurse so the thought of all of the bacterias us humans are susceptible to being all over my boy's face and in his mouth kind of grosses me out.
Also, what's the deal with the BARFworld website? Is that a raw diet where you do not have to supply organ meats or bones? Or do you give them the patties and also meat with bones? I think I need to buy a book about raw feeding!
Thanks for ANY input!!