Probably should not post it since I am opening myself up for judgement but at this point...
I have had back problems ever since I was run over by a car when I was a teenager. That is when it first started. First time my back went out I was 14 or 15 years old, while I was holding a western saddle.
This year alone I've had my back going out four times and each time it took longer to recover.
Last Sunday it went out again and spent the majority of time in bed. Yesterday at the ER it turns out that it is a herniated disc.
Anyhow, with all the painkillers in my System and the rest, I was able to get up for a very short period and spend 10 minutes outside in the Sun.
Indras Perinal Fistula have gotten bad. She was on Prednisolone and about eight weeks off before she went into heat. During heat it came back with a vengeance. While she does not show any pain during bowel movements, while she still wants to work and please you her behavior is changing. She is irritated much faster and up to this point I had it under control and simply seperated whenever I saw the need to take her out of the picture.
Not a single time did we have a fight in the house, today, however that changed. From the bed I saw it coming. She went after Ma and Nala at the top of the stairs. My herniated disc did not let me get up BEFORE the fight broke out.
I couldnt crate her and within seconds all three of the females were in a fight. Do not ask me how but I managed to get up, my husband had MaDeuce pulled out and I blindly reached for Nala. Hubby held Indra, she was in sheer rage and luckily none of them has any major injury that requires Vet assistance...
She is even getting irritated at Yukon....and I can no longer trust her around any other dog as long as I am not physically able to be there. I have paid dearly for "jumping" into the fight because right now I do not even have to think about getting up.
She is going on Prednisone on Monday. She should be on it since Wednesday but I couldnt drive and my husband cannot drive stick. No matter what happens, I have to get it tomorrow.
I have considered Euthansia, I have considered removing her Anal Glands, I have considered Cyclo and Prednisone together.... and now I am considering a Foster Home because I am physically not able to care for her. My husband has to work long hours and I cannot rotate them in and out of the crate as I have to.
Once she is on Steroids the pain is under control but I still can no longer take the chance of her getting into a fight with Nala and MaDeuce. If my husband had not been home it would have ended badly.
The foster home would only be temporary until I am up and moving again.
Sent from Petguide.com Free App