Originally Posted by carmspack
If Sunny was one of my pups and I read about this I would be freakin "Sunny is socialized regularly (about 3 - 4 times a week) with my neighbor's dogs. He has two massive (110+ lbs) cane corsos. Extremely well behaved and they both love sunny" If some thing happened , even in play, you have two dogs , tight with each other, reacting with one mind . Accident just waiting to happen.
you haven't got a chance .
this is not what is meant by socializing .
Good point, but I'm not too concerned about it for a few reasons:
- Sunny is extremely submissive to them.
- My neighbor was a professional dog trainer for 20 years and he got these two dogs about a year ago.
- Elmo and Tessa (the corsos) obey my commands almost as well as they obey my neighbor's (I've seen and played with them since they were 8 weeks old).
- Both my neighbor and I are present at ALL times when sunny is with them.
- JUST as a precaution, my neighbor puts shock collars on them when they are playing with sunny.
- Usually, only about once a week, both are present.