German Shepherds Forum banner

No blood in dog...Seriously Ill...Plz HELP!!!

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  RebelGSD 
#1 ·
Hello,

I got GSD of 4 weeks ,2 weeks ago named peter and after his first vaccination he got ill and refused to take any of food. he started doing watery poop and often doing vomiting.

I visited nearby vet and he had given glucose to him by syringe twice a day one in morning and one in evening. The condition of peter was improving and his poop was fine but on one day, i had given him mix of chicken, egg white and cow milk in morning and soon after that he did not eat whole day and again he started doing watery poop and did not eating anything .

I visited vet again after 2 days and explained him whole situation.
The doctor again gave him again glucose and soon after that his condition gets worsen

Vet asked me to come next day in morning for his blood test.
I reached there at time of vet asked me to come and was ready for his blood test but i was shocked when vet checked that he had very small amount of blood in his body and that blood was too like water.

The vet immediately gave him some iron liquid and glucose but then again at same time he did watery poop there and peter laid down there like dead dog for around 20 mins. After some time he opened his eyes but it was like he was so weak and thin.

Its been 2 days now and he is eating fine . I am giving him chicken liver, white eggs and chicken breast 3-4 times a day.

But the problem is he can barely walk now as his back legs are stiffed. may be reason of stiifed back legs is because vet put syringe in his back legs ??

He tried to walk but after 3-4 steps he fell down.
It seems like he has no energy and he is sleeping for 24 hours a day.

He is so weak that if he is peeing, he fells on it .

I dont know what to do . Please help me asap.

I dont want to visit vet again as it seems he always give glucose to peter whenever i visit him

See less See more
#2 ·
You are not in the US, correct?

Is there another vet, a specialty vet, or a vet teaching hospital near you that you could go to for a second opinion?

In any case, ask whoever you see or have seen for the medical names of what your dog is dealing with so that you can look them up.

Your dog does need to go back to a vet now.

#3 ·
Yes, i am not in US. I am in India.

The vet i visited before is a good and repute vet in my locality but i dont think he can handle my puppy.

I looked for more vets nearby but it seems he is the good among all but i dont want to visit him again as my previous experience with him was not good.

So i am stuck with my dog peter and i dont know what to do.

#4 ·
It sounds like the puppy is very ill and was much too young to leave his mother when you got him. He probably needs fluids (glucose). It is very sad that you do not have good veterinary care. Your puppy may have parvo and fluids are a big part of treatment for this disease. Please take the puppy back to try to help him. Even with care, it may be a very bad outcome for Peter.

Lee

#5 ·
@wolfstraum...

Peter was doing fine when i got him home . His condition only worsens after visiting to vet and i don't know why.

I know he will be all right with time but for now i will like to know how can i cure his stiffed back legs as he barely walk and fell down after walking 3-4 steps.

it seems he has no energy with him. I am trying my best to make it back to normal for peter. I am feeding all best food i can like liver, breast, egg, raw bones but it seems it might take little longer for him to be back on track...

#8 ·
"I reached there at time of vet asked me to come and was ready for his blood test but i was shocked when vet checked that he had very small amount of blood in his body and that blood was too like water"

I was thinking watery blood might have meant few red blood cells -- so dog either has haemolytic anaemia , which onions can cause , or the dog has a massive infection with a high white cell count.

so sorry for your situation. can you find another vet?
whatever you do has to be done quickly .

#10 · (Edited)
"I reached there at time of vet asked me to come and was ready for his blood test but i was shocked when vet checked that he had very small amount of blood in his body and that blood was too like water"

I was thinking watery blood might have meant few red blood cells -- so dog either has haemolytic anaemia , which onions can cause , or the dog has a massive infection with a high white cell count.

so sorry for your situation. can you find another vet?
whatever you do has to be done quickly .
Before Peter started getting sick you said the vet gave him some type of shot ... what kind of shot was it??? There is a certain type of anemia that dogs sometimes get after immunization injections, sometimes is the precursor to other more serious problems.

#12 ·
Please ask the new vet if he has any idea what might be causing this. In order to treat an illness there needs to be a diagnosis, or at least a suspected one. Find out what the possibilities are, and ask what can be safely ruled out as a cause of Peter's symptoms.

If the vet runs tests, ask what the tests are called and what they're supposed to check for. Get copies of the test results. If he gives Peter any injections, ask the vet what they are, and also the name of any oral medications he gives. If the vet says anything you don't understand, ask him to explain further. Write it down if you're not sure you'll remember, or ask him or a member of his staff to write it down for you.

This sounds very scary, and I wish you the best of luck. It's difficult for anyone to help you from such a distance with so little information.

#13 ·
This puppy may be just simply anemic from improper nutrition and weak ( too weak to walk). Can one of the breeders give the owner recommendations for a good balanced home-made diet for such a young puppy. He may perk up from the glucose at the vet and crash at home because his blood sugar drops. Has the puppy been dewormed? Worms can cause anemia, weakness and a host of health problems, especially in a young pup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.