German Shepherds Forum banner

Figo vom Jager Arbeiten Zwinger

8K views 64 replies 23 participants last post by  mharrisonjr26 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally got my new pup tuesday Figo vom Jager Arbeiten Zwinger AKA Django tell me what ya think. How dark do you think he will get. Black or dark sable? Enjoy the pics. Born 1/29/13 pics from today 3/28/13

Figo vom Jager Arbeiten Zwinger

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Probably will look more like is sire in color and structure than his dam. He's very cute!

#12 ·
I don't thinkreposting will get you more other than your thread combined with this thread and a grumbling mod. It is just hard to predict what is going to happen with a sable as they mature. He could be very dark, he could lighten up. You just have to wait and see. I would guess somewhere between the father and the dam depending on whether he gets the black or the sable from his father.

#16 ·
They probably had something nice in English, put it into babblefish.
Jager Arbeiten Zwinger...

With Jager they probably mean Jaeger which is hunting. Arbeiten is working and Zwinger is kennel. So I wouldn't be surprised if they had something along the line of working hunter kennels or "Hunter/ing Working Dog Kennels" if Hunter is their last name and then translated it literally.

The kennel name makes no sense and for a German it looks really funny. Don't take offense in it. There are many many many kennel names like that out there.

#17 ·
Yeah thats the samething my girlfriend and her mother said lol.. no offense taken just didnt follow but yes in english it is supposed to be hunter working kennel. This thread is about a puppy and I would appreciate that also how would you correctly say Hunter working Kennel in german.

#18 ·
New Pics of Django

I will get some good stacks soon Just havent had the time. These are from 7/14/13.. Enjoy

Attachments

#25 ·
Oh my goodness! So cute!
I am no expert and could not make a guess for yours but ours had similar markings, got darker, much lighter around 5 months, and have steadily gotten darker from 6 months until now...the end of January they will be 15 months old....hopefully the pics and stages ours went through will give you an idea. You have a beautiful baby! A heads up, food does make a difference in coat softness, and shine.
9 weeks old, day after we got them home.
Mammal Dog Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

5 months old, the lightest stage for our pups.
Canidae Dog Companion dog Carnivore Comfort

1 year old, much darker than 5 months old.
Vertebrate Dog Mammal Canidae German shepherd dog

At training a few weeks ago. Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

At the school just a few days ago, they seem to get darker each day.
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#26 ·
Oh my goodness! So cute!
I am no expert and could not make a guess for yours but ours had similar markings, got darker, much lighter around 5 months, and have steadily gotten darker from 6 months until now...the end of January they will be 15 months old....hopefully the pics and stages ours went through will give you an idea. You have a beautiful baby! A heads up, food does make a difference in coat softness, and shine.
9 weeks old, day after we got them home.
View attachment 168713
5 months old, the lightest stage for our pups.
View attachment 168721
1 year old, much darker than 5 months old.
View attachment 168729
At training a few weeks ago. View attachment 168737 View attachment 168745
At the school just a few days ago, they seem to get darker each day.
View attachment 168753

Sorry....did not see the updated pics before I posted. He looks like he got darker with age...pretty boy.

#34 ·
He is a very handsome boy, but I do agree that he looks a little underweight by at least 10 pounds.

Is he a permanent outside dog? I only ask because I see a dog house in a picture and he has a bowl that is upside down and empty, there is also some garbage in the yard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.