German Shepherds Forum banner

Hello from Oklahoma

843 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  RidgeWalker 
#1 ·
Hi there!

I'm Adam, and I'm a first time Shepherd owner. I'm married with 3 children ages 6, 4 and 6 months.

My wife and i have been researching breeds for a long time and decided we wanted a German Shepherd, however we were not sure we wanted a puppy right off. I came across Carmen by chance. We were told she is a year old, then told she's probably 9 months old. At any rate, shes LARGE! She was part of a litter that all got adopted but her. She was then taken home by a little boy 9much to his mother's protest) where she was kept in an outdoor kennel with a really sweet great pyraneese.

When I went to see her for the first time, i noticed how sweet she was. Ears rocked back, head down and tail wagging as I greeted her. She immediately leashed up and would obey a couple simple commands 9when I can get her to look at me), so I brought her home.

I will have countless questions as we work with her, but we're dedicated and willing to make her a good family dog and reciprocate with much love, attention and affection.

#3 ·
Welcome I have a very similar situation 3 kids and adopted an older GS she just turned 3 yrs old she's such a sweet girl best decision we ever made.. she's the love of the family and I'm sure Carmen will be as well.. Would love to see some pics if your willing to share... Best of luck with her :)

#4 ·
Hi Adam, welcome to you!! Sounds like Carmen may have landed on her feet.

I am in McAlester, about 100 mles south of Tulsa. Where in OK are you? I might be able to help you find trainers if you need any help.

#7 ·
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I'll get some pictures taken hopefully this weekend.

@Kayos and Havoc: I am in Ardmore. I dont know if we'll need a trainer or not as carmen is really smart and obviously eager to please. My wife was walking her last night and was stopped on the street by a woman in our neighborhood who has been a Shepherd fan her whole life and said we could call on her any time we need something. It's like Ive discovered this whole underground society that I never knew existed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.