German Shepherds Forum banner

R.I.P young puppy

4K views 33 replies 30 participants last post by  vjt555 
#1 ·
I lost my son today.. I really miss him.. To give u a back-drop, he was hale & hearty till this morning when he woke up for his breakfast, did his business & then slumped on the floor & starting frothing at the mouth.. this had never happened so I rushed him to a vet at her house who said she won't be able to diagnose anything till she's at her clinic (an hour later).. so I rushed him to the other end of town because there's only one 24-hour hospital here.. apparently, it's not 24-hour because we had to wait for 1.5 hrs for the doctor to get there.. they gave him a few shots & he was still frothing & had problems breathing.. the doc came in & gave him a few more shots, kept him on oxygen.. half an hour later of no improvement, he puked a lot of blood (it's like the entire blood in his system came out).. and the moment I held him, he stopped breathing.. I could not believe it that God can be so cruel to take away such a small baby!

Kaiser my boy, u will be sorely missed.. our time was very short lived but I'm sure once we're together wherever u are, I'll let u bite me as much as u want & won't crib about it.. I'll let u bite me now, if u just come back.. I love u kid! U have given us many happy memories & I hope I have been a good parent & taken care of all ur needs.. Miss u kid!

PS: All the guys on the forum, I cannot emphasize on how much I am grateful for your help & support.. thank u very much from the bottom of my heart & wish u'll a long & happy life with your fur babies!

See less See more
#4 ·
That's awful, I'm so sorry :hugs: He was way too young :(

Did the vet have a explanation?

#9 ·
Thanks so much for the support..

No, the vet also "assumes" it was some kind of poisoning.. and I knew that because his mouth turned all blue from a bright pink.. hate to say this but pet care in India is very shoddy! super shoddy, if I must..

@ Courtney - No I don't mind it at all! that's all I have of him now.. pictures & memories!

#12 ·
So very sorry for you. Way to young. RIP little puppy.

#14 ·
That is so terrible, so sorry for your loss. He was just a baby, but you had already lost your heart to him and him to you. Bless you in this sorrowful time and may your precious boy run free untill someday when you meet again at the bridge. :hugs::rip::hugs:

#15 ·
SO very sorry for your loss, losing a puppy is one of the hardest, most heartbreaking things ever :( Unfortunately I know what you are going through - just try and remember the good memories with your little guy..and know that you gave him a lot of love and happiness in his short life. :hugs:

RIP baby Kaiser :angel:

#18 ·
Sometimes it seems harder in it's own ways to even fathom losing such a young pet that you haven't had a lot of time with - you may feel upset that he didn't get to live long enough but at least he was with somebody who deeply cared about him and took him to the vet. I know in India, dogs could be dealt with in different ways.. and yes, the care out there seems to be less than what you'd get elsewhere. I've had vets tell me if I wanted to become a vet, attend school in India or surrounding countries because not a whole lot is involved.

You did all you could. Best wishes to you during this hard time. RIP little guy!

#24 ·
Thank u so much for ur support. I don't know if anyone else will be able to fill the void. He raised the bar too high for anyone to reach! He had just perfected "platz". I should've taught him "leave it".

No rat poison at home but I don't know if anyone kept it in my bldg for rats or something. 45 days with me but a lifetime of memories.

I'm just glad I wasn't on the ship wen this hppnd, I wouldn't know wat to do!

Love u Kaiser!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.