German Shepherds Forum banner

Hello from Tacoma, WA!

812 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  gmcwife1 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I've been a lurker for a little while as I found the forum in search of information when our 11.5 year old GSD mix, Sampson was diagnosed with both a splenic tumor and an adrenal tumor in September of last year. We've been managing treatment well after his splenectomy in October which gave us the promising news that the splenic tumor was not Hemangiosarcoma, but are still treating the adrenal tumor with medication as it was not promising to attempt surgical removal due to nodules that have invaded his caudal vena cava. Our fingers are crossed that his medication is working and we'll have some more time with our sweet boy before his time comes.

For Christmas, my husband and I brought home our newest addition to the family, our 12.5 week old GSD, Malcolm. We also have a 6.5 year old Spitz/Malamute mix, Tito who is the perfect playmate for our other boys. I've included a picture of our two older boys lounging on a road trip and two of our little Malcolm.

I figured it was about time to introduce myself and hopefully become a more active member of the community.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks, All! We're having a lot of fun with Malcolm. He's the first GSD puppy we've had the pleasure to raise from puppydom. I'm glad to have such a great community around to help with any issues or questions we may have along the way. My husband's in the military and is away from home a lot. Knowing how to properly handle training etc. is a big deal for me to bring up our little boy the right way. It's been 6ish years since we brought home Tito and had a puppy of any sort. We've been reintroduced to the wonders of having a little adorable rascal running around to take care of. lol. Of course, I'm loving every minute of it!

Can't wait to get to know everyone better and hopefully be able to contribute some help to others if I have the means to do so! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.