German Shepherds Forum banner

Hello

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jag 
#1 ·
Hii all i am Achuyut and really exicted t join this forum.

i am about to buy my german shepherd puppy and so far i have narrowed my list to stud congo from vandenheuvel k9 kennels, Lord from schraderhaus k9 and Bill from Sentinelhart kennels.

I would like to get some advice if anyone has any experience from these breeders and or had any pups from these studs.

Thank You:)

#3 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum, Achuyut. Nice to see another member from NoVA.

I wish I could be more helpful regarding your breeder questions, but I got my WGSL pup locally, since I wanted to be able to personally meet the breeder and see the kennel facility and dogs. The only working line pups I seriously considered was Johnson Haus Kennels (Johnson-Haus German Shepherd Breeder/Dog Trainer, Frederick Maryland), which was also local (well at least drivable at Fredrick, Md).

Let me know if you get involved in good any dog clubs in the area. I've been looking, but couldn't find any good clubs that didn't take all weekend to get to! :cry:

Again, Welcome and best of luck in your search!

#4 ·
Hini

Hey Shepherd thank you for the welcome. I am happy to see a fellow NOVA resident here. I did checked out the website you suggested me but I still think Congo, Lord and bill would fit me perfectly. I don't mind to travel to meet the breeder but I want to make sure I get what I want. I just wanted to see if anyone in the forum had any puppy or experience with the following kennels I had written above and yes definitely I would let you know if I find any GSD club here in NOVA if not how about we open our own GSD club here in NOVA ;)

#5 ·
Achuyut- I have never worked with Jean or with Van den Heuvel
However I have worked with Camilla from Sentinalhearts She and i have talked many times and talked many times. She has been a open and honest person and easy to work with. So as a breeder working with another breeder she is someone i can recommend with confidence. I wish you tons of luck in finding your new puppy.
Malinda

#6 ·
My pup's bitch line comes from Van Den Heuvel. Congo is a great grand sire of my pup. I'd post your choices on the Bloodline area and see what kind of responses you get. Do you know much about the background of the sires you're looking at? What about the bitches involved? It's not all the sires that will determine what kind of pup you'll end up with...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.