German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Duke's first hike! :)
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
TrickyShepherd
Knighted Member

Default Duke's first hike! :)

So today, for my birthday.... Will and I took Duke hiking. I haven't been in a really long time due to work, the skin boiling weather here, and just not knowing where good trails were nearby. I used to be an avid hiker when I was younger and in college. After a year or so MIA, I dusted off all my gear, and hit some new trails!

Duke LOVED it!! He was completely in his element. Usually Duke is a more timid, laid back dog. He never goes too far from my side and would rather I go first into new situations. Today... he stayed at the end of his 6ft leash, pulling slightly (which he never does), and his tail wagging like crazy! He loved the bridges, climbing up the hills, and being out in the woods. So happy I have a trail buddy now!

Here's some pictures I got with my phone. (Soon I am buying a new hiking back with room for the DSLR to go along... next time, the pictures will be much better!)

.... this one I had to sneak into the room for.... which is why it's horrible quality. He was too cute to ignore though.
Duke says all that hiking and outdoor adventures was exhausting!!!
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
TrickyShepherd is offline   Reply With Quote