German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations for Dog Training besides PetSmart in Southern California
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm in Texas so I can't recommend a trainer in CA, but ask around. Ask your vet, neighbors, etc.

The first trainer I went to was recommended by our vet. She was a very nice lady but a horrible trainer. I went to only 2 classes with her.

Then I spent quite a bit of time doing internet searches for trainers in a 3 county area. I found one who I am thrilled with in the next county. So I have a longer drive, but it is so worth it. She has been training for a while, she also trains and shows her dogs in agility (which I want to do). Her & her partners have a fairly large building. They also do grooming, boarding, and doggy day care. Mine goes twice a week to get the additional socialization. There is also another GSD in our training class, which is nice.

So finding a trainer on the internet is not necessarily bad, but if they aren't what you are looking for then walk away and try another.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome