German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations for Dog Training besides PetSmart in Southern California
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Default Recommendations for Dog Training besides PetSmart in Southern California

I posted this here because I want more people to see it, and it is a fairly general thing, with millions of opinions I am sure.

Jaxon is nearly 5 months now. I want to start him very soon. He needs to be around other GSD as he is a singleton, and hasn't had a ton of dog socialization. Due to the immunizations he just started with other dogs, getting to go to PetSmart, etc.

We live in Calabasas/Agoura Hills, California. Our Jaxon is from a long line of Schutzhunds. I don't really have any interest in having him be a full fledged Schutzhund, unless it's something that just happens.

I do, however, want him to go to an obedience trainer that is good. It's such a crap shoot looking on the Internet. I would like him to do some agility stuff, but in general, I want him to learn general obedience from a trainer that specializes in training GSD.

Would love to have a recommendation or some ideas if that is even permitted here. I promise that I won't hold anyone to any suggestions. All will be considered and ultimately, I will make my own decisions.

Thanks! I love this site! So many people with GSD.
Jaxon Von Sharksalot
AKA Isteel Shues
AKA Chueson Allaurstouf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ImJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote