German Shepherds Forum banner

Decision is Final

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  huntergreen 
#1 ·
There is no more question-this decision is final...official! We are adopting Bethsheba, the 11 month old rescue. :happyboogie: We pick her up on Tuesday. Our son and his wife will be adopting Ziva - the 'infant' pup.

Beth was taken to the groomer's yesterday, in preparation for the big day. She automatically jumped into the crate in the van like she'd been doing it for years. She didn't pee. At the groomer's, she eagerly unloaded. No crouching, tail relaxed, she heeled like she was born to it. She greeted the groomer like an old friend. No peeing. She was respectful of the other dogs and patient. The only thing she didn't like was being on the grooming table. She's just a big girl not liking the little table.

We will be looking Into some agility exercises for her, as the atrophy in her hind quarters begins to resolve.

#10 ·
Congratulations. Sounds like Bathsheba is walking around smug and safe in the knowledge that she already has you wrapped around her paw. My guess is She and Ziva became fast friends at the breeder and plotted this whole thing so they would be adopted as a pair and be able to stay friends.

I can imagine the conversation:

Ziva: Here comes the two legger that flat eared mom was talking about. What do you think?

Bathsheba: I like her. Give me 90 seconds.... let's see how pliable she is.

one minute and a half later-

Bathsheba: Piece of cake. Only problem is, she just wants one of us.

Ziva (puppy eyes filling with tears): You mean I'll never see you again?

Bathsheba (Reassuringly): Not gonna happen. She said something about having a two legger puppy of her own. Let me work that angle.

Hate to tell you this honey, but you got played.

Jelpy

#11 · (Edited)
Ziva loves the two-legged flat ears that are already loving on her. Beth managed to squeeze herself into Ziva's spot. She's a sly one, she is.

We went out tonight and bought a new living room set (leather). I have lots of experience with coat-blowing dogs and figured that it would be a smart move. Furniture gets here on Wednesday. This is a happy week for me.

Breeder providing crate for bedtime. Now I want the Martingale collar and leash.

#12 ·
Yeah, but they'll stay in touch. Just watch. Everytime you go see your son, Bathsheba will be staring out the car window and all but explode out of the car to go play with Ziva. The fact that you honestly believe you and your son had some sort of choice in this whole shenanigan just shows how smart those two are. :)

Jelpy

#13 ·
Heheheh! Don't doubt it one bit. Just heard today that Ziva and the clan have discovered the joys of picking their bellies up off the floor. There's no stopping them, now. Ziva, who was the second born (first born died hours after birth-litter of 13) and the largest of the bunch is now somewhere in the middle, size wise. She is a nipple hog and has started pushing the next nursling over so she can have THEIR teat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.