German Shepherds Forum banner

FINALLY, my puppy is here!

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  zyppi 
#1 ·
Well, not HERE, but litter was born sunday night/monday morning

Ajax vom Brandsteig x SG Isabelle Provocativo from Spartanville :D

I've had a deposit down since August, and the pregnancy I was on hold for didn't take. So I moved to forth pick male on another litter. I was a little scared she wouldn't have 4 males (Or scared she wouldn't have a 4th sable male, because that's what I REALLY want)

BUT.... 6 healthy sable males and 4 beautiful little girls!!!

NOW... I just need to pick that name :confused:

I really liked Zombie for a while, but no one else did. I liked Zorro, but no doesn't feel right.... Then I thought Remus was really cool (After the Romulan twin planet - Don't judge this insanely cool level of geekiness :cool: ), but then I didn't want everyone thinking I named him after Harry Potter.

*sigh*

#8 ·
Naming a dog is really hard.

I almost went with a few - Ziltoid the omniscient, Battle cat and Venkman were some that I was close on... but wasn't sure how I'd feel call them out in public in 10 years time.
LMAO! My uncle had "Diditbiteya", "Whatdog", and "Where." All at once. It was hilarious to watch him yell for them at dog parks. :rofl:

Jane- I used to want to use that name :wub: But. It's Matt's middle name :p And he was not pleased with the thought, since I sometimes call him by it xD

#7 ·
Zane is the name I'd name a boy Z
Congrats on your new pup, I saw pics on fb of them!

#11 ·
Oh they were great!!!
I also loved when new people would come up and ask what their names were. They would get so frustrated with him until about 10 minutes later when they FINALLY understood that he was telling them the names, not asking a question.

#14 ·
Are you getting a pup from the litter as well? That's exciting. I already have my registered name picked out. Bohuslav, which is czech. Really the only german or czech B name I like that I feel is unique. "Little Boo" :D I had Cord picked out if it was going to be a C litter.

But I still don't really like that for a call name, so I'm debating. I really think I like Remus.

Romulus and Remus were twins that were raised by a she-wolf after their mother sent them down a river. When they grew, they fought over where to build a new city, so Romulus killed Remus and founded a settlement that he called "Rome". And that is the myth behind the origins of Rome :)

Star Trek took this idea and made the twin planets, Romulus and Remus. The Romulans enslaved the gargoyle-like Remans and forced them to work in Dilithium mines. But Remans were also mighty warriors and fought many wars for the Romulans, and often acted as bodyguards.

I just think Remus invokes an image of a large, powerful beast. That's my take behind it :) My boyfriend says it makes him think of a third member of Beavis and Butt-head :mad:

#16 ·
I keep showing the pictures to my friends and they keep asking me which one is mine. I say, I dunno one of those squishy lumps of fuzz!! haha honestly, I wouldn't want my pup to be picked out at 3 days old. Knowing my luck I would get that super high drive sporty dog that acts more like a malinois :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.