German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Why isnt he eating?!
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fynn&Vandy

Default Why isnt he eating?!

Hi All!
My 3 year old GSD isnt eating. I have set up a physical and, teeth cleaning as soon as possible but, we have to wait until next thursday! So I'm worried.
He is active, playful, happy, no diarrhea, no vomitting, he's drinking lots of water. He gets excited when I getting food ready but, won't eat it unless I ask him to. He was eating less than normal a few days ago and, I had to ask him to finish it. Then this morning he just walked away from it completely. I asked him to eat it and, because he's angel he did but, very slowly.
We don't over feed, he isn't fat either and, he loves his food. He won't eat another kind the stubborn thing. He'll wait me out until I give up and, buy him this kind. (I tried to change his food to solid gold. He wasn't having it.)
I'm hoping it's his teeth. When I rescued him about six months ago, his teeth were looking dirty but, he didn't have any issues with them. I got him on better food, teeth cleaning treats and, his weekly steak certainly helps too. That helped a pretty decent amount.
This is the first time anything like this has happen. He will stop eating or eat less if my boyfriend or I go out of town. Nothing emotional is happening right now, just a regular old week at our place.
Am I on the right track thinking it's his teeth or could it be something else? Anyone dealt with something like this before or similar?
Thanks!!
Fynn&Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote