German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Advice on foster puppy, 7 months old, zero training.
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
shepherdmom
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieGirl View Post
I am fostering the little (giant) guy for a few days or more, to kind of get him started on house-living and everything that goes along with it. He is EXTREME! This is the absolute worst puppy stage to try to find a home for. He's in full land shark mode, hyper, gigantic and has no leash manners. I have got my work cut out for me! I am, however, in LOVE with him. Sigh. It's not his fault that his owners were idiots. He means well, he gives kisses and when my two adult GSD's get too rough with him he runs and tries to fit his giant self into my lap.

All of the bite-inhibition, leash walking, manners should have been consistently taught along the way, but since they weren't I'm starting from scratch. So my question is: Any advice on quick ways to see progress so he can be adopted out?

Thanks in advance, and please pray that I don't add my name to the "foster failure" list!!!!
Thanks for fostering. I don't know that there is any quick way to see progress but having your older dogs should help. Especially with the bite inhibition.
shepherdmom is offline   Reply With Quote