German Shepherds Forum banner

what kind of sable is he?

6K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Raffilr 
#1 ·
what kind of sable is wolfy? i've heard people call him a red sable, black sable, dark sable, and a dingo:crazy: (lol). what do you think?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I'd call that a dark sable. IMO not near a black sable. His coat looks a lot like Pan's (Pan maybe darker on the body but not as dark/full black mask on the face) and I just refer to Pan as "sable".

#7 ·
How old is he? Is that his birthdate in your signature? He will continue to darken, but right now I would just call him sable. Nice dark face.

#12 · (Edited)
Wolfie is about 2 months older than Beau and I see a lot of similarities. Beau is a patterned sable having the B/T from his mother and a sable father.

The white stripe behind the elbow (no bitch stripe though), the grizzled hair on the neck, lighter belly underneath vs. my other sable who carries black and has none of those features.

Handsome dog!

#13 ·
I have the same question about my sable gsd...I got him at 8 wks with akc papers. His father was Black and Tan and the mother is sable. I got he's pedigree and a lot of his ancestor are Black and Tan, I just don't know what he's goin to look like when full grown here are some pictures of him from 8 wks to now at 8 months he's a big boy he's 82 lbs now Mammal Vertebrate Dog Canidae Dog breed
German shepherd dog Dog breed Canidae Dog Carnivore
Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Dog Canidae
Dog Old german shepherd dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#15 · (Edited)
I have the same question about my sable gsd...I got him at 8 wks with akc papers. His father was Black and Tan and the mother is sable. I got he's pedigree and a lot of his ancestor are Black and Tan, I just don't know what he's goin to look like when full grown here are some pictures of him from 8 wks to now at 8 months he's a big boy he's 82 lbs now View attachment 28282 View attachment 28290 View attachment 28298 View attachment 28306 View attachment 28314 View attachment 28322 View attachment 28330 View attachment 28338

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Your pup is like my girl Piper..A Pattern Sable :)

Uhhh.. I've always just called mine "sable" but out of curiosity, do mine too!!

Dark sable

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.