German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Am I weird?
Thread: Am I weird?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
RowdyDogs

Default Am I weird?

I can't sleep in the same bed with someone, because of their breathing! Men especially breathe so loudly, but I have this problem on camping trips with women or whatever too. The only person I've ever been able to share close sleeping quarters with as an adult is my sister, but we grew up sharing a room so I figure I'm just immune to her breathing. Otherwise I've tried to share a bed with female friends, shared tents with female and male friends and family members, and lived with my ex-husband and recently moved in with my current partner, and the only way I can get to sleep with any of them is by either a)being drunk and falling into that drunk sleep (not something I make a habit of, to say the least); or b)going to bed earlier than them so I'm asleep by the time they fall asleep. Otherwise I have to have the TV or music on, so it drowns out or distracts me from their breathing.

So am I crazy? My girlfriends always say that being bothered by my partner's breathing is a sign that I don't like him, but I don't believe that for a second--I was happy with my ex for a long time, and I'm happier than I've ever been with my current boyfriend. It seems extreme, though, especially because I can easily sleep through my dogs moving around in bed, my partner coming to bed after I'm asleep, etc. It's just getting to sleep when someone is breathing loudly in an otherwise silent room that's the problem!

Am I alone here?

(also I know it's a goofy topic; it's just snowing outside and a slow day for work )
Bandit-8 y/o ACD
Wooby-14 y/o ACD
Abutiu "Abi"-ACD puppy and hopeful future SAR dog!
RowdyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote