German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Smelly paws and breath, constant licking...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Cstout

Smelly paws and breath, constant licking...

Sorry, you guys are probably sick of me. I posted last night about Starks irritated paw, I notice today he started licking/biting the back paw. Im thinking its allergies, he is on a wheat free diet and I recently bought some el-cheapo treats and have been giving him a generous amount. And, they are not grain free. So, I think his body is reacting. I also had him on antibiotics a month or two ago for an overgrowth of bad bacteria in his insides (diagnosed with a stool sample). He seemed to get better with that, he had smelly breath and was just a little lethargic. Last week my BF noticed his breath is smelly again. Also, I was doing some reading and found out GSDs are very susceptible to yeast infections. Im thinking hes got a yeast problem with his feed due to his allergies. His feet are stinky! Before he had this irritation with his feet he had a hint of the frito smell to them which Ive heard on this forum before. Id like to hear from some members who use natural rememdies. I know that antibiotics can cause infections, if at all possible Id like to try to get him back on track with a natural remedy. Any advice on how to treat this and some maintenance tips for when we get this cleared up?
Thanks so much!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome