German Shepherds Forum banner

New puppy! Breed question

7K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  MichaelE 
#1 ·
Hi there everyone!

First time poster here. I adopted a 3 month old german shepherd mix about 2 weeks ago. I adopted her from the human society and they had a litter of 5 german shepherd mixes. I could not notice any clear runt of the litter, they all more or less looked the same size. The shelter said they think she is mixed with lab or some sort of terrier, but is mostly german shepherd. Physically, it is difficult to distinguish what is NOT german shepherd-like on her. Her ears haven't started to become erect but from what i've been reading, that can take up to 6 or 7 months. She weighs 14 pounds and is EXTREMELY friendly with every stranger that approaches her, as well as dogs. Her front paws are HUGE and are also webbed.The size of her paws is one of the first things people notice on her. I have attached some pictures and would like to know what you guys think she could possibly be mixed with? I have been considering buying one of those DNA exams but wanted to wait until she got a little bigger and maybe see what she's mixed with.

Thanks again for all the help you guys provide on these forums! I look forward to being in contact with all you :)

Oz

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
very cute!! hard to really tell what she'll end up looking like but she does have alot of german shepherd looks to her!

Have fun with her

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.