German Shepherds Forum banner

CO puppies, 5 peaks, etc

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mnm 
#1 ·
I'm in Colorado looking for a puppy.

Is my instinct way out of line in believing that 2300-2900 for a puppy is way high?

I appreciate that five peaks is a great facility and I want moral breeders to make money, but wow...

#2 ·
I do know that Show Lines are more expensive than Working Lines, so, 2300-2900 isn't unreasonable for a Show Line. I have two working lines, and the most expensive was 1500.

#3 ·
Hi,
I purchased my pup from Rocky Mountain German Shepherds in Conifer and was really happy with Jayne and the kennel. I didn't pay as much as 5 Peaks but have heard good things about 5 Peaks, though.

#4 ·
It also depends on the particular dog. I know (having just put down a deposit) that while some of the litters are in the $2800 range, others are not. We decided that we didn't need to get up into that range to get a puppy that would be a great fit for our needs.

By the way - I hilly recommend Elaine at Five Peaks. She's been great to work with and answers every question I've had no matter how silly.

#5 ·
What specifically are you looking for in a puppy? What do you want to do with it?? If it's just for a family companion, you should be able ot find an appropriate pup for much less than that. I would still expect to pay around $1500 for a showline puppy for a companion home, from a reputable breeder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.