German Shepherds Forum banner

Dog-related etiquette question

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  gmcwife1 
#1 ·
My boyfriend's workplace always does a secret santa gift exchange, and they're also an office full of animal lovers so often it winds up being a dog, cat and bird treat/toy exchange. We got a lovely gift basket from our secret santa full of great toys and treats for our critters. The only thing was one package of chicken jerky treats--one of the brands that is linked to the contamination scare and that aren't recommended to be fed.

Do you guys think I should mention that fact in the thank-you note I'm about to write? Obviously I would emphasize the wonderful gifts (I'm even including a few photos of the dogs enjoying them) and make it clear I really appreciate the whole gift. I wouldn't even think of criticizing a gift except that this is a potential health issue for other dogs in their lives.

What would you guys do?

#3 ·
I think I would write a thank you card without mentioning the treats. But have your boyfriend bring it up in casual conversation so the people are aware of it and don't feed them to their dogs. "So, did you read this article about pet treats from China killing pets? Yeah, this brand and this brand were linked to it."

#4 ·
I probably wouldn't mention it either and just send the thank you note. It would probably make them feel bad either way, but I like this idea.

#9 ·
After talking about it with my boyfriend, that is what we're going to do. :) Thank you guys for making that suggestion. I'm a freelancer and haven't ever really worked in an office like that, so it never would have occurred to me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.