German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Pedigree Analysis
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
lhczth
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I do not recognize the kennel name so can't help with the breeder.

I happen to like Mink. You do have to watch for looseness in ligamentation. long backs and some uglies. Having the Mink come through Crok just adds to the uglies. Mink did bring aggression and excellent hunt drive.

Crok, on the other hand, needed to be bred and used carefully. Not so much having him once in a pedigree, but when linebred on. There is a nastiness to some of the dogs that is beyond normal social aggression. They can be difficult dogs to handle even by experienced people. Obviously I am generalizing, but when you see something often enough it needs to be mentioned.

How this pup might fit you really depends on your experience as a handler/owner/trainer. Have the parents been worked and titled? No, the titles don't mean everything, but they would tell me more than just your description. Did the breeder know the grandparents of the sire and dam? Often I see more of the grandparents than I see the parents in a litter.

When you say reserved what do you mean? The lower drive means nothing depending on the lines. That can change a lot as she matures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote