German Shepherds Forum banner

Hello from Colorado. It's good to be here.

731 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Malika 
#1 ·
Hi there! I'm the very proud owner of a just over nine week GSD pup from a neighborhood shelter. She was spayed the day I got her (last Saturday), so lots of excercise and socializing seem to be out of the question for a little longer. I'm using The Dog Listener as my training guide (which I found by lurking here over the last month or so). So far so good, but I have a few concerns I'm hoping to ask others advice on. I welcome your advice (please keep in mind that I'm trying to stay consistent with The Dog Listener/Amichien Bonding). I am glad to be here. Hope my $20 pays off!

Peace! I'll post a pic of the little hellion in just a second.

#7 ·
Welcome! i'm down in the springs.

#10 ·
Malika is now 12 weeks and rocking Lodo. Are there other GSD pups in the area that might want to play soon? I'm now thinking of puppy playmates as her energy level was very high this morning. Advice on puppy classes?

Thanks for everything! Things are going really well, but we still have a long way to go. Patience...ugh that was hard with her biting very hard this morning. I know, bite inhibition. She needs to really get it out though, and I want to have other ways besides soft toy/kongs to get her energy out. I'm thinking ball out in the hall instead of the slippery hardwood floor. Hopefully, the park soon. Do GSD even like retrieving? This is my first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.