German Shepherds Forum banner

Layla is gone

3K views 33 replies 31 participants last post by  Suddenly 
#1 ·
Dog profile for Layla - Rest in Peace, a female Dachshund

Layla has passed away after having been in physical decline for a few months.
We aren't sure why.
She had a seizure and passed almost immediately...before the seizure ended she was showing agonal breathing and I knew she was gone. I worked on her for almost 20 min. before her pupils blew, we lost her heartbeat completely (it was erratic during CPR) and we knew she was gone.

We think it was a stroke, possibly. She had been shaking her head slightly today on and off (uncharacteristic) and I was going to make a vet appointment for tomorrow.

Layla passed here at home this evening, about an hour ago, and is now at peace.

She had nearly 2 very happy years with us and will be missed greatly.

Rest in Peace, Layla. You were loved very very much.

#3 ·
bless your heart sweet girl layla. rest in peace. i'm so sorry msvette.

#9 ·
:hugs::hugs:I'm so very sorry to read about your dear Layla, my condolences to you and all who loved her. She was a beautiful girl.

:rip: Rest in peace Layla

#14 ·
so very sorry for your loss of Layla:(

#21 ·
Thank you...it's been hard on Ash (17) who was Layla's person, but we've got a lot of good memories...I'm still devastated as it happened here and that's never really happened before :(

But we'd been thinking she was nearing the end of her time here and I think she chose it this way, and I know it's better than having to take her in. Ashley was also gone to Younglife so she wasn't here for the actual passing and that was better too, in a sad way :(

#22 ·
I'm so sorry :(:hugs: RIP Layla

#24 ·
Hugs to Ashley. I'm so sorry for her. Juli is 19 and she has not gotten past the loss of Annie yet. It is very hard for all of us, but I think especially hard on our young people. I'm sure Ashley brought much happiness and content to Layla's life. Praying for good memories to see you through.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.