Today I had a situation that could have turned dangerous very fast.
Was out in the back (unfenced) with Hans on a long lead, playing ball. The lead got wrapped around my ankle and you know how that goes. I managed to remain standing (nasty leash burn on my ankle) and a few minutes later, to my shock, the clip leash end just drops onto the grass.
I remained calm and got hold of Hans, and when I inspected his collar, this is what had happened:
Thank goodness I have several collars.
Beware of Planet Dog ones!