German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - New Puppy, Peeing On Bed?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
maxjivi05

Default New Puppy, Peeing On Bed?

Okay basically just looking for info, or tips

I found a GSD on christmas he was coming out of the woods and all muddy, he was in a harness and had bad brusing around his legs where the hardness was on, he was skinny and starving around 4 months old anyway I took him homecleaned him up and fed him, got him looking a lot better and decided to keep him after we took him to see if he was chipped which he wasn't.

The dog didn't respond to any name really well so we named him Bullet and he has been a great dog, he wasn't potty trained and didn't know any tricks like sit, shake, down, but in 2 days of work he was potty trained going outside everytime.

Basically looking for a little info though, he is a great dog, is potty trained but he strays off and pee's in the bed every now and then it's rare but he has done it twice now. I do have Camo blankets not sure if he is mistaking it as a place he can go or if he is doing it out of spite, I've been nothing but good to the dog never hit or threatened him, always praise the good behavior and ignore the bad.

I've got him to perform Come <this one is okay sometimes I have to whistle and get his attention still>, Sit, Down, Shake, Stay, Find It pretty good still working on Stay he wants to follow after the first 2-3 times and still getting him used to Find It he gets sniffing and gets a little off track sometimes but he will get the hang of it.

Any tips on the bed wetting? Why would he do this? Is it because he thought he can hide it and had to go? He's never been in a crate just always had him run out when he was about to go and he got the hint pretty quick, so now he lays by the door. He gets a decent workout inside right now just because it's awful cold when I get home it's cold but I do make sure he gets his time outside but mostly play inside and a lot of play.. so just trying to figure this out..
maxjivi05 is offline   Reply With Quote