German Shepherds Forum banner

Hi! Newbie from NW indiana

608 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Loneforce 
#1 ·
Hi my names jill and im from northwest indiana, my husband and i own a 13 year old german shepherd male named gus. Id post a picture but i cant quite figure it out.

I joined this forum to hopefully find some one who may be able to tell me more about our boy, my husbands his third owner and the only thing he was told when he was given gus was his age(7 at the time) and that he was a papered dog, but the former owner never recieved the papers when he recieved gus from a family member.

Mainly im just interested in knowing how he's bred, at 13 hes still a ball of energy, will play fetch all day long if i let him, and has little in the way of old man issues, and being that hes my first shepherd im pretty amazed, he also came to my husband very well trained and i dont think ive ever been around a more patient dog (my cat has walked all over him since he was a kitten lol)

So if anyone could help me with my picture uploading trouble id appreciate it:)

#3 ·
Welcome...I'm not sure you'll ever know 100% where he came from, but bless his soul. 13 years old and still going strong is quite good:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.