German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Annoying Parents - Vol 2
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
sparra
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenzachsmom View Post
Adam,, You're such a great kid and you try so hard. Sadly, parents can be difficult and there isn't much you can do. If it makes you feel any better, I will tell you about my first dog....I was only 4 years old and this was in 1962. My puppy was a hound from a litter some guy had at my Dad's work.

The puppy was free. We got him at no more than 6 weeks old. He came home to me in my Dad's pocket. He was the runt of the litter. He was a neurotic hound dog. He lived outside a lot. I don't think he was ever completely housebroken. But....despite everything we did wrong (and there was plenty). The dog was really none the worse for wear. He was loved. He had a pretty decent life and he lived for 17 years.

Our dogs really do survive, in spite of our mistakes. At least Zack has you. You make all the difference and Zack will be fine.
Haha......yes....I feel so old saying this but.....when I was your age our dogs survived on the cheapest dog foods available......they were the only ones available and there would have been no way my parents would have spent the money that is required on the premium dog foods on today's market. Don't be overly concerned. I am not sure how old you are but when i was 13 I started working at our next door neighbours turkey farm (very glamorous) to help pay for the food my very large dog ate.....is there anything around you could try to help pay for the more expensive food??
sparra is offline   Reply With Quote