German Shepherds Forum banner

OK, this is weird..........

940 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ankittanna87 
#1 ·
So Kaiser has been under the weather for 2 days, loosies & vomiting.. vet checked him out, gave him saline & meds.. Ok so, I've put up a jute sack for potty training him in my room & will slowly move it away to the bathroom;

Now the weird part, he sleeps on the same jute sack he peed on!!! I thought dogs don't do that?! Does anyone else's or is Kaiser the sore thumb? Not just sleep, he eats this calcium treat on that same sack!

Needless to say, I move him off it when he's eating but I find it really weird & wonder crate training won't be as fast if he keeps doing the same thing (provided I buy a crate)

#2 ·
I hope that Kaiser starts feeling better soon. Normally dogs do not like to lay in places that they have soiled on, do you have a rug or doggy bed for your boy to sleep in?

#3 ·
Hi Karen,
Yes I thought so too, but apparently, this isn't the case with him! I don't have a dog bed cos I'm sure the bugger will rip it to pieces as soon as it hits the ground!

And he's a little better, no more vomiting but the good thing is he's still active! That counts for something eh?

#5 ·
Hey Nigel, sorry I don't follow.. It's not like he wishes to stay on it.. Like if I pick him up & put him elsewhere, he'll sleep in the new place without any qualms.. So I really don't know what to think of it :S.. maybe I'm just over reacting.. It's not a big deal, is it? 1st time pet owner (notice I said pet, not even dog :O) so I'm really confused by this!

And the vet told me no more meat for him till he's older & he's done with his vaccines.. he's done with 2 already.. but the trainer insists we use sausages as treats (though he'll do anything for his puppy biscuits too!)

Thanks for ur wishes guys..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.