German Shepherds Forum banner

RIP Lulu 02/01/13

3K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  GSD2 
#1 ·
It comes with great sadness the passing of my puppy German shepherd.

After taking her to the emergency vet for pooing pure blood enough was enough.

We tried to keep her on a IV till the morning where i was going to take her to another vet but when i left they did an xray and found a blockage. They wanted to do experiment surgery in about an hour. They said she was in so much pain it was either a £2000 surgery or put to sleep. I had no option, I could not afford this due to the insurance being one day from being in mature enough to claim.

I cant believe how unlucky this is.

Genuinely, heartbroken and traumatized. Just when i get my dream puppy.

Thank you all so much for all your help, you'll all been amazing.

Sam

#4 ·
I am so sorry to read this. My heart breaks for you, Sam.
Run free baby Lulu. :halogsd:

#7 ·
I know this is sensitive, but I would pay for a necropsy, and have documented what possibly went wrong with either the vetting, vaxing or possibly an obstruction could have been the cause.
I would really want to know, if this was my puppy, what caused the illness.

#8 ·
So very sorry. What a heartbreaking experience. RIP Lulu

#10 ·
OMG. I am so sorry. :( I was really afraid of that, based on your posts. I only wish your vet had seen the signs and acted sooner.

#13 ·
The vets said it was a blockage, but they did not think it was a foreign body as there was no outline of anything solid, but there was a block. I have no idea what this could be.

Im so angry at my vets for not seeing this 24 hours previous when the emergency vet diagnosed her straight away when it was too late. They will be paying for their negligence. A puppy in her condition should have never of left the vets in the first place.

Atleast shes not suffering anymore.

thank you again for all your help from everyone

#14 ·
I am so sorry for you and your little girl:(
Big :hugs:

Peace little baby Lulu:halogsd:

#15 ·
I also am so very very sorry for your loss:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.