German Shepherds Forum banner

Share with me: You're dogs height/weight/age/picture

20K views 66 replies 50 participants last post by  Stonevintage 
#1 ·
Out of curiosity, and also to see how my pack compares to other GSDs out there. I'd like to hear where other member's dogs are at. :)

Duke- Male (WGSL)
Height: 26 1/4 inches
Weight: 85lbs

Zira- Female (ASL)
Height: 25 1/2 inches
Weight: 74lbs

Storm- Female (WGWL)
Height: 22 1/2 inches
Weight: 53lbs

Duke

Zira

Storm

See less See more
#6 ·
I know what you mean. Duke being large and thick, I am extremely paranoid of his weight. He's pretty lean at 80-85lbs, but I'll never let him get over that. Bear may just end up a little tall, but he's certainly still a beautiful young GSD! Tall or not, I'd take him! :p

And thank you! She is growing up WAY too fast! I couldn't believe it when I measured and weighed her... she just seems so tiny to me still!! I am still thinking "puppy" when I see her... but in reality, she's closing in on adulthood soon and already maturing close behind my other two!! Not really as tiny as I thought!! I still call her my little peanut though. :p

#9 ·
Nikon - Male, intact (WGSL)
Height: 24.4"
Weight: 74.9lbs
The measurements from breed survey in Nov. In the summer and when we have more flyball tournaments he is more like 70lbs but I put on some weight for shows so he doesn't look scrawny, you can still see his last two ribs at 75/76lbs.

Pics from Nov/Dec 2012

#11 ·
Why is my dog so different? I was told he was a rare drop eared panda shepherd...feeling i was duped...

Shane - intact male, American Show Lines
3.5 years
24"
63 lbs

#12 ·
Nikon is the same size as Mike, aka Dork Boy.

Mike - Male, intact (WGWL)
Height: 24.5"
Weight: 75 lbs

Last year's Christmas card, Mike's on the left.

Bunny - Female, spayed (WGWL)
Height: 24
Weight: 62

Bunny, taken by Meghan (phgsd) last winter.

Ianna - Female, spayed (WGWL)
Height: 24
Weight: 66

Believe it or not, this is a very recent picture of Ianna. Some days are better than others....this was a good day!

My dogs are all very close in height and weight....but Mike always stands up on his toes and looks significantly taller than the girls! He does have a big fat head :D

#14 · (Edited)
Kacie long stock coat(unknown pedigree)spayed at 6 mos
7 yrs 24"80# very large boned structure, blocky head, I can feel ribs through her thick coat!

Onyx bi-color 6 yrs(pedigree unknown)spayed at 6 mos 26" 90#

Karlo sable(WG/Czech WL)intact 3 yrs 27" 90#

All three to compare size

#15 ·
Odin - WGWL
3.5 years old
77 pounds
25.5"
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Havoc - WGWL
19 months
85 pounds
25.5"
Mountainous landforms Mountain Wilderness Dog hiking Canidae

I was pretty shocked that havoc is so heavy at this age! Him and Odin are very similar in size, havoc I guess is just a lot more substantial. Here they are running together, you can see how similar their size is:)
Canidae Rock Geological phenomenon Dog breed Carnivore

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#16 · (Edited)
Beautiful dogs everyone!!

Hank is 2 years old, 3 months (neutered at 16 months)
Height: 28 1/2 inches
Weight: 105 lbs.
He comes from very large breeding stock, he actually appears "skinny" but my vet is very happy with his weight.

I don't know how to insert photos :(
My avatar is from when he was 8 months.

#26 · (Edited)
Beautiful dogs everyone!!

Hank is 2 years old, 3 months (neutered at 16 months)
Height: 28 1/2 inches
Weight: 105 lbs.
He comes from very large breeding stock, he actually appears "skinny" but my vet is very happy with his weight.

I don't know how to insert photos :(
My avatar is from when he was 8 months.
To insert photo. First go below the reply box, below the boxes "submit reply" "preview post" you will "additional options" click on the box "manage attachments" you can then upload the photos from your computer. They will show up as the small photos on your post. But they can be clicked on to enlarge by whoever is reading your post. I am not sure how to insert the full size - I think you have to use the picture icon in the message window and then download from an online source where your photos are stored. At least the attachment way will get you started.

#17 ·
Trent - Male, West German working lines
Height: 26 - 27 inches
Weight: 79 lbs

Very happy with his weight right now, he was 89 lbs at his worst and hovering around 82 to 85 lbs over the summer. Ideally he could still gain in muscle mass and afford to shed a couple pounds (2 or 3 lbs max) but I am more than satisfied with his current condition.

He is fairly tall and long, but his build is narrower and his bone structure/build could be considered light.

#18 ·
Theo - Male Intact, Working lines, German I believe
Height: 26 - 27 inches
Weight: 100 lb (Has lost some weight since last vet visit, so not 100% sure). I don't know why he is so large, the breeder told me he was estimated to reach about 80lb. The vet told me he's at an ideal body weight though so not to worry about it.

Mammal Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Karma - Female Intact, Working lines, German I believe
Height: 22 -23 inches
Weight: 70lb

Mammal Vertebrate Dog Canidae Dog breed

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

Just took the pictures now in the kitchen, don't have any nice outdoor pictures at the moment.

#22 · (Edited)
Jerry - Male (From my limited knowledge of GSD pedigrees, he seems to be a mix of WGSL and BYB dogs)
Height: 30 inches
Weight: 87 lbs (can't get his weight above this, he's less ribby and his spine and hips aren't as prominent as they used to be, so I've given up on him gaining any more weight. People still tell me he's skinny, but I think he looks good.)

#29 ·
Thanks everyone for sharing! Lots of gorgeous dogs on here!

Seeing all the females on here, I guess Storm is maturing normally. Her and 2 others from the litter of 10 are a bit on the small side. I'm okay with that though, just as long as she's in standard and nothing wrong health wise. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.