German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Dry Food - Best? Fromm, Science Diet, Eukanuba???
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
JeanKBBMMMAAN
The Rescues Rule Administrator

Hi! I have used Fromm with my dogs. With the Cosequin and Welactin, I wouldn't worry so much about the added glucosamine and chondroitin and just look at the ingredients and what your dog does well on.

Fromm Family Foods Gourmet Dog & Cat Food, Naturally Holistic
That website takes a lot of clicking to get where you want to go! Let us know if you need help (it bugs me)!

There is also a great sticky in the Puppy Food section by Ken Clean-Air Systems and it has a spreadsheet with a ton of info.

My dogs right now are eating the Duck. I mix it with a grain-free food. The kibble size is not tiny, not big. I've also used the Salmon a la veg and that kibble is definitely tiny!

With a GSD chewing at the paws/red eyes, I would consider finding a formula of Fromm that did not have chicken.

I like the brand and the foods. My dogs do well on them by themselves or mixed with other things. The company is very good at getting back to you on questions too. I bet your dog will like the food.