German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - New weird night behavior
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
MaggieRoseLee
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

She's getting older and has different needs. If there isn't anything medical some 'go lay down' tough love may help.

But generally as my puppies grow, I have to change what I am doing to adjust as they get into a different stage.

So the amount of exercise that USED to be fine is usually no way enough for my 9 month old dogs. So I need to greatly increase our off leash activities.

My puppies are always very smart so I need to up their training around this time. The easy way is to sign up and attend group dog classes. The built in car ride, socialization and training are ideal to physically and mentally tire my pup so we all get a good night sleep.

Really taking my calendar out and planning activities at least every other day is key so I get sleep and my puppy is getting the stimulation and exercise they need.

Have you seen this yet? ---> Teaching a trick is the least important part of teaching tricks

plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote