German Shepherds Forum banner

Will you buy your dog a Christmas/Holiday gift?

13K views 91 replies 70 participants last post by  Ali B. 
#1 ·
My family thinks I'm nuts for Bear having his own Christmas stocking and that I actually get him Christmas presents.

I'm not sure what I'll be getting him this year, I'd like to get some ideas on what other people are getting their pups this year :)

#3 ·
Dogs get new collars and bowls for Christmas every year and then each of them gets something they need. A new bed, a new toy, a special treat. I ordered Milla some new antlers but gave in and already gave them to her. :rolleyes:

#5 ·
Absolutely!
The dogs presents came last week. As I opened the box all 3 couldn't help but get so excited sniffing everything, I felt so bad when I put the bag in the closet, they looked at me like "WHAT did you do that for?"
Years ago I used to wrap thier stuff.
We agreed a long time ago with family since we don't have children, they could give our fur kids stuff. The horse even gets apples & carrots, cats get toys & treats too.

#9 ·
Yes all four of mine have their own stockings, and they all get Christmas and Birthday gifts.

This years Christmas gifts are all treats :). Bones, cookies, and other goodies :D

#14 ·
Lucky will get another Jolly Ball another good/bad coz variation and Im hoping a electric water fountain . Now I just need a place to put the fountain like an addition to my kitchen.
He will get treats and probably a new leash. He has his stocking and usually multiple gifts.
BTW Lucky gifts us with dead rabbits but only in the summer for our birthdays and under beds or on the deck.

#16 ·
i don't have to ... my dad bought her presents last year (new dog bed - since she DESTROYED the other one - in about 2 minutes flat ... aaahhh the things that happen when you go to the bathroom - and a $75 gift certificate for the butcher that I use, and a box of deer bones - from the local butcher!)

He told me he's "got her covered" this year ... I can't wait to see what he gets her - hopefully something similar like year minus the dog bed that made it through the year!

#18 ·
All three dogs and five cats get gifts. They also all have their own stockings. The cats will get one little toy each, then one big thing they share...like a scratch post or a tunnel. The dogs will get a little bit more. I already got them each a bowl with their name on it. I will get the GSD a soccer ball(she loves them) and I'm looking at tunnel for her too. The other two will get a couple toys too. All of them will get antlers. And I have to keep all of it in the car, because my oldest dog will find it and open it....I learned after the first time she did it:)

#21 ·
I think Gaia has more Christmas presents than me. My parents dog got her something, my grandparents consider her the first "great grand"fur"kid and my boyfriends siblings are only concentrating on kids this year, apparently she falls into this category.

I'll be filling her a stocking but she'd be content if I just let her shred some paper.

#23 ·
Absolutely! And one has a birthday on 12/20 and the other on 12/31, so they will be getting lots of new, fun stuff this month! :)

And it's pretty sad when you struggle with "what to get someone that has everything"...for your dogs! :rofl:

#27 ·
Those people just don't get it.
I'm 100% for throwing a Big Birthday Party for Maggie and inviting all her Paw Pals over (from the apartment) when she turns 1, so of course she'll have her own stocking and gifts "Wrapped" gifts!

Maggie's getting (Shuuuush don't tell her)
* New larger Crate
* Bed that fits new crate to also keep in livingroom
* Winter Coat with Mittens - Yes I know she has her own fur coat?
* Homemake LARGE "Flirt Pole" from Equine Lunge Whip
* Toys Toys Toys and a couple more Toys!!!

#28 ·
Those people just don't get it.
I'm 100% for throwing a Big Birthday Party for Maggie and inviting all her Paw Pals over (from the apartment) when she turns 1, so of course she'll have her own stocking and gifts "Wrapped" gifts!

Maggie's getting (Shuuuush don't tell her)
* New larger Crate
* Bed that fits new crate to also keep in livingroom
* Winter Coat with Mittens - Yes I know she has her own fur coat?
* Homemake LARGE "Flirt Pole" from Equine Lunge Whip
* Toys Toys Toys and a couple more Toys!!!
Wow! Maggie's cleaning up this Christmas...lucky girl :)

#29 ·
Let's see, they EACH got two 11 inch elk antlers ($104).

Rosa got a squeaky fox stuffed toy. She also got a plush puzzle toy (Baby squirrels in a tree).

Niko got a new squeaky rubber ball. Also a plush puzzle toy (Chickens in a coop).

My MIL bought them gifts, including a new harness for Niko ($50). My parents bought them gifts, plus my mom always makes a food gift for them (last year it was tilapia fish cakes).

And yes, everything is wrapped in Christmas paper, with bows and tags that say From: Mom and Dad. :)

#35 ·
I always get my dogs (and even cats) a little something for Christmas. My parents have been getting our family dog a present and wrapping it since as long as I can remember, so it's nothing crazy to me! Since Berlin is actually MY first dog, I am probably going to spoil him for xmas this year.......idk how to top how I spoil him on a weekly basis though, lol! :rolleyes: I am probably getting him a new, bigger kong (the black one - since he ruined the red one)...and some of those expensive puppy bones and treats.

#36 ·
Oh... I just love Christmas shopping for Hunter. I know him better than I know myself, so buying him things is easy. He's getting four new toys, treats, chewies... all to enjoy when we go stay at my parents for the holidays. ;)

I get a lot of joy buying him gifts, and I am very excited to give them to him on Christmas!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.